The industry has long treasured photographer Jonathan Waiter's well-honed craft and carefully wrought “fantasy”—a cohesive aesthetic of what he lovingly refers to as beautiful “lost girls”—along with his impressive portrait portfolio featuring the likes of Thakoon Panichgul, Rick Owens, Francisco Costa, and Alexander Wang. If you're in New York this Tuesday 9/18, let’s show Jonathan our utmost love, support, and appreciation for his contributions at a Hotel Chantelle fundraiser created by his dear friends to help defray the exorbitant medical costs of CT scans, blood tests, x-rays, chemotherapy (R-CHOP), and radiation that Jonathan is braving to treat the stage 3b Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma (cancer) with which he was recently diagnosed. If you can’t make it to the event (RSVP here) but would still like to step up and lend a helping hand, please kick in what you can to the donation fund they established online here. I know we are all so inspired by his spirit; any assistance would mean the world! Thank you so much for your generosity.
More information from the fundraiser organizers:
- What: Fundraising Event for Jonathan Waiter
- Where: Hotel Chantelle 92 Ludlow Street
- When: Tuesday, 9/18 from 6–9PM
- Why: We hope to raise enough funds for Jonathan to receive treatment without having to worry about his financial future.
- How: Come have a drink with us! Simply enjoying your favorite cocktail will make a contribution, as part of the bar proceeds will be donated to Jonathan’s fund. There will also be a raffle with a number of prizes, donated by amazing companies such as BabyGhost Clothing, Ryan Kalivretenos Photography, two passes to CMJ Music Marathon (October 16 - 20), two vouchers for the Upright Citizens Brigade ASSSSCAT 3000 performance, as well as prints from Jonathan’s portfolio. The doors are open to all interested in having a fun filled night in support of a talented artist and a great cause. Please bring your friends!
- Jonathan Waiter is a freelance fashion photographer based in New York City and a close and dear friend. At just thirty-two years of age, not many can match his creative endeavors and accomplishments. His work in photography alone can attest to his vision and inexhaustible work ethic.
- Unfortunately, after two and a half months, filled with countless blood tests, X-rays, and CT scans, Jonathan has been diagnosed with stage 3b, Diffuse Large B Cell Lymphoma (Cancer). It is an aggressive, but treatable cancer requiring a violent form of Chemotherapy (R-CHOP) and radiation. The cancer has metastasized and now invades his liver, pancreas, kidneys and lymphatic system. He’s currently undergoing his third Chemotherapy infusion and is scheduled for at least five more down the road!
- As a self-employed artist, receiving treatment can be a huge financial burden. Being unable to work, Jonathan was only very recently qualified to receive Medicaid assistance, which has only partially covered his medical costs. The bill for one treatment alone reached around $8,000! Jonathan is a fighter and has kept his beautiful spirit in this tumultuous time. There is hope and we ask that you join us on Tuesday, September 18th for drinks, conversation, and to honor Jonathan in all his courage and to wish him luck in the future.
- If you can’t join us for the event but still would like to contribute, please visit http://www.gofundme.com/1077qw, and make a donation.
- Very special thanks to Hotel Chantelle, BabyGhost Clothing, CMJ Music Marathon, Ryan Kalivretenos Photography, Upright Citizens Brigade and many more!
all photographs [above] by Jonathan Waiter